In the autumn-winter period, our skin often looks tired and inflamed. This is due not only to sharp changes in temperature, but also to a diet that becomes heavier and sweeter as it cools. Earlier, we talked about what foods should be in your diet to keep your skin young longer, and today Dr. Oz Garcia, among whose star patients – Naomi Campbell and Gwyneth Paltrow – will tell you what foods to give up or limit their use to avoid acne and other inflammations on the skin.
1. Dairy products. Lactose and casein – carbohydrates and proteins contained in milk, according to the doctor, are difficult for the adult body to digest, thereby causing an inflammatory process inside and outside the body. In cow’s milk, their concentration is higher, in contrast to goat’s and sheep’s, but the ideal option for lovers of dairy products is still vegetable milk (almond and coconut). But sour milk products, in the form of Greek yogurt and kefir, Oz does not recommend to quit – due to the fact that they are rich in probiotics needed to maintain a healthy intestinal microflora.
2. Gluten. This “sticky” protein, which is in wheat, oats, as well as in most sweets and semi-finished products, roughly speaking – getting inside the body, “glues” the nutrients that enter it with food, thereby disturbing the internal balance. And without the balance of the inner, as is well known, there can be no question of the beauty of the outer. Therefore, Dr. Garcia recommends pampering yourself with a croissant no more than once a month.
3. Sugar. If before everyone scolded salt, now the main culprit of premature aging is sugar and products containing it. In order to get rid of the “sweet” addiction, Dr. Oz recommends to stay without sweets for at least a month. The result, which you will see in the mirror after this time, in the form of clean and radiant skin – will make you reconsider your eating habits in favor of health and beauty. If you are overtaken by “sweet breaking” Garcia advises to prefer healthy sugars, such as dates or dark chocolate with a cocoa content of at least 75%.
4. Sauces and marinades. Often in store sauces, in addition to a bouquet of preservatives and additives – also contains soy, palm oil and sugar, which in such an ensemble can affect even the hormonal background, causing its failure and inflammatory manifestations on the skin – in the form of acne and allergic rashes. The doctor advises to set aside mayonnaise and not to complicate, and to fill salads with cold-pressed olive oil with lemon juice and a drop of honey.
5. Soda and juices. And again, it’s all about sugar, which is contained in such drinks in horse doses and which “process” your body costs a lot of work and stress. Wrinkles and tooth decay are the smallest consequences of such a drinking lifestyle.