Vacation is a period that, out of seasonality, beyond the boundaries of time, regardless of location and point on the map, alone or surrounded by loved ones, should belong to everyone by right. Of course, summer breaks all records for the number of plans and proposals, but regardless of this, the urgent question remains constant throughout the year and reads: “How not to gain weight while on vacation and not to bring extra pounds as a souvenir?” Don’t take this time as an opportunity to break away from food like last time. Moderation and completeness are indispensable companions that will always support both you and your digestive system.
Remember the correct structure of the contents of the plate:
½ – vegetables, berries, fruits, greens
¼ – complex carbohydrates (whole grain bread, cereals, bread, pasta or pasta)
¼ – proteins (eggs, fish, cheese, meat, legumes, seafood)
1. Do not impose a huge portion of food at once. Start with the basic elements, eat slowly – so satiety will come before the end of the meal, and you will most likely either give up dessert, or at least eat less.
2. Drink clean drinking water, not just juices, sweet sodas, beer, cider, ice cocktails. Start each day with morning water on an empty stomach, drink a couple of glasses in between meals, take with you on the road or to the beach. Water should be in sight, especially if the air temperature is high enough. Do not confuse thirst with hunger.
3. Vacation is not synonymous with the word “lie”. And if taking care of your body is not an empty sound for you, then give it what evolution meant – charge it with activity. Here the horizons open on all fronts: swimming, cycling, evening promenades, aqua aerobics, and even dancing to the sound of the surf. Alternate passive rest with active. Just in moderation.
4. There is no safe dosage of alcohol, but if it is present as a complementary element of the effect of “exhale”, then in moderation (1 glass for women and 2 glasses for men) dry wine or strong drink in the evening. Periodically drinking clean water to maintain water balance.
5. Yes, there is ice cream on vacation, and desserts, and fried steak, and all together. Let it take up 20% of the holidaymaker’s diet. But there will always be vegetables, poultry, fish, berries. 80% of the choice should be in this direction.
And most importantly: give yourself a quality rest in the form of healthy sleep, enjoy the beauty around, increase serotonin and dopamine not in the form of calories, but in the form of pleasant emotions and memories.