Psychologist knows what the first psychological aid should be for people who are in a state of shock.
1. You need to speak quietly and calmly, maintaining eye contact.
2. It is important to make sure that the person is safe, that you are trying to help.
3. If the victim is in a state of shock, help establish a connection with reality, yourself and the environment.
4. For this, the victim needs to put his feet on the floor, feel how they come into contact with a horizontal surface. Take three deep breaths and even more deep and slow exhalations. Then you can freeze for a moment.
5. Look around in all directions and mark five objects that you see. Name them silently (you can complicate the conditions and look for five red objects, then blue, etc.).
6. Listen and mark five sounds that reach you. List them. List five physical sensations you are experiencing at this moment. Name them.
7. The one who helps must be honest and reliable, respect the right of a person to make his own decisions, reject prejudices and stereotypes. If the victim refuses help, you need to explain that you can get it in the future.