In the autumn-winter period, our skin often looks tired and inflamed. The reason for this is not only sudden changes in temperature, but also a diet, which becomes heavier and sweeter with a cold snap. Earlier, we already talked about what foods should be in your diet to keep your skin young longer, and today Dr. Oz Garcia, among whose star patients – Naomi Campbell and Gwyneth Paltrow – will tell you what foods should be abandoned or limited to their use in order to avoid the appearance of acne and other inflammations on the skin.
1. Dairy products. Lactose and casein – carbohydrate and protein contained in milk, according to the doctor, are absorbed by the adult body with difficulty, thereby causing an inflammatory process inside the body and outside. In cow’s milk, their concentration is higher, in contrast to goat’s and sheep’s, but the ideal option for lovers of dairy products is still vegetable milk (almond and coconut). But fermented milk products, in the form of Greek yogurt and kefir, Oz does not recommend to quit – due to the fact that they are rich in probiotics necessary to maintain a healthy intestinal microflora.
2. Gluten Free. This “sticky” protein, which is found in wheat, oats, as well as in most sweets and semi-finished products, to put it bluntly – getting inside the body, “glues” nutrients that enter it with food, thereby disrupting the internal balance. And without the balance of the internal, as you know, external beauty is out of the question. Therefore, Dr. Garcia recommends pampering yourself with a croissant no more than once a month.
3. Sugar. If earlier everyone scolded salt, now the main culprit of premature aging is sugar and products containing it. In order to get rid of “sweet” addiction, Dr. Oz recommends to hold out without sweets for at least a month. The result that you will see in the mirror after this time, in the form of clear and radiant skin, will force you to reconsider your eating habits in favor of health and beauty. If you are overtaken by “sweet withdrawal” Garcia advises to give preference to healthy sugars, such as dates or dark chocolate with a cocoa content of at least 75%.
4. Sauces and marinades. Often in store sauces, in addition to a bouquet of preservatives and additives, they also contain soy, palm oil and sugar, which in such an ensemble can even affect the hormonal background, causing it to malfunction and inflammatory manifestations on the skin – in the form of acne and allergic rashes. The doctor advises to put aside mayonnaise and not complicate it, and dress the salads with cold-pressed olive oil with lemon juice and a drop of honey.
5. Soda and juices. And again, it’s all about sugar, which is contained in such drinks in horse doses and which “process” your body costs a lot of work and stress. Wrinkles and tooth decay are the smallest consequences of this drinking lifestyle.