One of the easiest ways to help the liver cope with its task of removing toxins from the body is simply not to burden it with alcohol processing. Therefore, abstaining from alcohol for a month is a great practice to start the year with. In addition to alcoholic beverages, for a full home detox it is important to audit and remove from the diet for at least 5 days: caffeine, dairy products, gluten, corn, nightshade (tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, potatoes), refined sugar, shellfish, white rice, eggs and soy products.
It is important to remember: about eight hours after the last meal, the processes of digestion, absorption and assimilation are completed, and the body enters a mode of detoxification. It takes about four hours for a healthy body accustomed to natural food to get rid of all the waste of normal metabolism. And this without taking into account the toxic overloads of modern life. It is a really good practice to fast every day for 12 hours after the last meal: eight hours to complete the meal plus four for detoxification. Therefore, if you last eat at 22:00, do not eat until 10:00 the next day.
Eat “real” food
We used to gather food from trees and land, as well as hunt or fish. Now we buy products in supermarkets, where 90% of the products are delivered in some packaging. To extend the shelf life, they add chemicals, preservatives and preservatives that kill bacteria, as well as additives that give them color, smell, taste and texture. The remaining 10% of edible foods, fish, meat and dairy products also contain chemicals.
All these chemicals cause chaos inside our body, being a powerful source of toxins. That’s why going back to a more natural diet is a great way to detox. Buy organic products at local farmers’ markets. Increase your intake of vegetables, fruits, seeds, grains and legumes, as well as raw unprocessed foods.
Herbal mixtures for detox
To enhance the detox effect, add a detox mixture for the gastrointestinal tract to your daily diet. It consists of:
1. Flax seed cake (60%), which provides fiber, complete vegetable protein, organic acids, useful fats, carbohydrates, vitamins, helps lower blood sugar, normalizes the gastrointestinal tract, improves liver and thyroid function. Sesame seed cake has an optimally balanced composition of essential amino acids. Neutralizes high stomach acidity, has a laxative and anthelmintic effect. The seeds are very effective in diarrhea, ulcers and constipation;
2. Hemp seed cake – has bactericidal and antiparasitic effects on the body. It is very effective for weight loss and detox days, swelling in the stomach gives a feeling of satiety and allows you to control the frequency and volume of food consumed.
3. Walnut normalizes the microflora of the stomach.
4. Cumin prevents the development of inflammatory processes, a large number of “plant hormones” in it have a bactericidal effect, help lower cholesterol, improve digestion;
5. Dill seeds have a beneficial effect on diseases of the pancreas, bloating.
6. Turmeric works well for the prevention of diseases of the stomach, gallbladder and other gastrointestinal tract, and also has anti-inflammatory effects.
7. Coconut pulp improves peristalsis, digestion and intestinal absorption of food.
8. Iceland moss kills pathogenic flora, improves appetite, is used as a medicinal product for gastric and duodenal ulcers.
Make green smoothies
Detox on fruit smoothies is a myth that is not only wrong, but can also harm the body and lead to weight gain. For cleaning, choose green vegetable smoothies.
1 stalk of celery
2 chard leaves
1/2 cup parsley
1/2 cup pineapple
Two green apples
1 sprig of fresh mint