Nutritionist called non-drug methods of combating stress.
Many processes that trigger the mechanism of external damage, and eventually internal damage, are called allostatic load.
* Cortisol performs many important functions: metabolism, pressure regulation, immune responses and inflammatory responses. The most important function of the hormone is the body’s adaptation to stressful situations.
But at the same time it limits the functions that are not the most important in anxious situations. Inhibits the activity of the digestive and reproductive systems, slows down growth processes. There is control of only three reactions – mood, motivation and fear.
As soon as the danger passes, hormone levels return to normal. If the stress is constant, we get a modern diagnosis of “adrenal fatigue” – maladaptation of the body and its inability to perform its functions. Adrenal stress syndrome presses the “gas pedal” for many other negative processes in the body: autoimmune diseases, hormonal imbalances, insulin resistance (obesity, diabetes), depression and sleep disorders, infertility and lack of menstruation, oncology, hormone ineffectiveness etc.
There are non-drug methods to combat stress. Start making at least three available to you in today’s world:
– Sports with low intensity – Pilates, yoga, stretching, walks from 45 minutes
– Digital detox. Do not pick up the phone until you wake up, take a walk, do yoga and eat a nutritious breakfast
Baths with salt (1.5 kg of sea!) Without a phone
– Food without laptop and phone
– Meditation, you can with the program headspace
– Relaxation. Just take a horizontal position, consciously relaxing the body from the tips of the toes to the head
– Breathing practices / pranayama
– From additives – magnesium (l-magnesium threonate or magnesium malate), GABA, relora, CBD
– Sleep, falling asleep until 23.00.