August and all autumn months are pear season. It is a local product, which means that our body is able to get the maximum benefit from it. Therefore, we must include pears in our daily diet: you can make pies with them, add them to pizza with gorgonzola or your favorite oatmeal to make a healthy breakfast even tastier.
We have collected 5 reasons to love pears – a fruit that will strengthen immunity, digestion and more:
1. Pear can be recommended as a substitute for sweets in the diet without harming the figure. So, 100 g of pear contains on average about 42 kcal. Ideally!
2. Natural essential oils in pears really help to cope with depression and apathy.
3. These fruits contain a natural antibiotic – arbutin, so pear compotes are used for colds to reduce temperature.
4. Dietary fibers of a pear contribute to the outflow of bile from the body, which makes it indispensable in the diet when cleansing the liver. Also, plant fibers gently stimulate the intestines and help improve digestion.
5. Pear is the record holder for the content of vitamin C. Moreover, the most vitamin C is contained in the skin of the pear, so if you intend not only to enjoy the great taste, but also to strengthen your immunity, it is not recommended to cut it.